Jul 05, 2016 7:46 am● Last Update: Sep 01, 2016 7:00 pm●6 minutes to read
Man’s best friend. A child’s first love. A shoulder that is always there to cry on. A companion to go for a run and jump around the park. Whoever your dog is to you, they probably mean more to you than most humans you know, in some cases even your spouse! There are so many great things about dogs, so many wonderful traits they display and behaviors they have but even the biggest doggy fan club chairman won’t know some of these….
Be prepared to be even more amazed, wowed and fall in love a little bit more with your canine pals after reading these facts! Number 1 is particularly cute!
TAG a dog lover and see if they knew all of these!
1. In Moscow, dogs were unhappy with their food and have taught themselves how to get the subway to where the food is better, then back home!
2. In ancient Rome, Mastiffs in battle were treated the same as man. They wore armor and fought and died side by side with soldiers.
3. In family portraits, over half of families with a dog will include them.
4. People have loved dogs since biblical times, there are 15 mentions of dogs in the Bible.
5. When dogs are scared or anxious, they can calm and soothe themselves by snuggling into their owners clothing if they are not there.
6. With speeds of up to 45mph, Greyhounds are the fastest dogs on earth.
7. You may not want to stroke the super soft pads on a dogs paws anymore, this is where they sweat from!
8. One way dogs differ from humans, well, not all, some have real personal space issues, is that they get stressed when they are hugged.
9. Small dog breeds mature faster than big ones.
10. Dogs have amazing powers, some would say super powers, they can be trained to detect epileptic seizures.
11. Cruella wouldn’t be pleased to know that Dalmatian puppies are born solid white. Their spots appear at around three weeks.
12. Labradors are the most popular breed in the U.S.A.
SHARE this list with your Facebook friends who are dog lovers.