Jun 11, 2016 1:59 am● Last Update: Jun 11, 2016 1:59 am●10 minutes to read
Tom Cruise is one of the highest paid actors in Hollywood. He is also considered to be one of the greatest action stars alive. Who would even doubt that title? The Mission Impossible franchise and his other action movies have consistently topped the box office! Even though Tom has been in movies since the ’80s, there are still some things you might not know about the A-list actor.
SHARE if you love the Mission Impossible movies!
1. Tom Cruise loves to do his own stunts. Remember the insane opening to Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation? Where Tom’s character hangs off the side of a plane? ALL TOM.
Is he even human?!
2. Tom was a wrestler in high school and originally planned on going professional.
He actually took up acting because of a knee injury that forced him to drop out of the wrestling team!
3. Want to own a Tom Cruise action figure? You can’t! It’s because Tom refuses to allow his likeness to be used for video games or figurines!
4. Tom came up with the character of Les Grossman in Tropic Thunder. He told Ben Stiller that Les needed to be bald and have a weird love of dancing.
Honestly, Les is probably Tom’s best character to date.
5. Tom always plays heroes on screen but he actually was one in real life! In 1998, he saved a woman from being mugged and he chased away the attackers with his bodyguards.
6. Need more evidence that Tom is a real-life hero? He saw a woman get struck by a car and took her to the hospital. When he found out she didn’t have insurance, he paid her medical bill of $7,000.
No, seriously. Is he the world’s greatest action star AND the nicest man alive?!
7. Before Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark, Tom was actually set to play Iron Man!
I can’t imagine anyone other than RDJ as Tony Stark but maybe Tom could play another Marvel superhero?
8. Everyone knows that Tom is a scientologist. He actually hasn’t seen his daughter Suri in three years because the church said she would make him want to leave the religion.
Tom’s a great actor but it looks like his personal life is a bit of a mess.
9. The director of Edge of Tomorrow initially insisted on a stuntman doing Tom’s stunts. Tom refused and the director was so impressed that he told Tom that he should do all his stunts in every movie!
10. He’s really Maverick! Tom got his pilot’s license after filming Top Gun.
Who else is so excited for Top Gun 2?!
11. Tom did ALL of his driving stunts in Jack Reacher. He’s so good at his stunts that even when he made a mistake in the scene where his car crashes into some barrels the director left it in the movie anyway.
12. He’s one of the highest paid celebrities in Hollywood. He makes more in one year than most actors make in a lifetime! His total net worth is $480 million!
13. The sunglasses Tom’s character wears in Risky Business became so popular that he single-handedly increased Ray-Ban sales by 2000%.
Only Tom Cruise.
14. When he was 14, Tom attended a seminary on a scholarship and seriously considered becoming a priest. But he got kicked out for swiping booze!
15. Tom wanted to be in Valkyrie after seeing a photo of Colonel von Stauffenberg and instantly saw that he looked just like him!
Let’s hope Tom will continue doing more action movies so we get more awesome GIFs of him running! COMMENT and tell us your favorite Tom Cruise movie.